About the Arts Forum
The Leighton–Linslade Arts Forum was established over 25 years ago in partnership with the Leighton Linslade Town Council with two key aims:
- To operate and manage an annual local grant funding scheme on behalf of the Town Council and award grants to the Leighton–Linslade Arts community on their behalf.
- To promote and increase participation in art activities by people from Leighton Buzzard, Linslade and the surrounding district.
Its membership is drawn from both community arts-based organisations and individuals with an interest in the arts. Membership is FREE and open to any organisation involved in any aspect of the arts locally. Details of our current members can be found under ‘Organisations’ on the drop-down bar above.
To this day a key role of the Forum remains to award grants on behalf of the Town Council, currently to a maximum of £500 annually, to approved recipients on an annual basis. However, and perhaps, more importantly, it is to work closely with all the organisations that provide and support the Arts locally, be they voluntary groups or commercial enterprises to promote the arts in their widest form. We aim to give anyone and everyone young and old alike the opportunity to participate and engage with the arts no matter what their level of interest by making the arts accessible to all.
To achieve this, we will:
- Encourage all providers of all forms of the Arts within Leighton–Linslade and surrounding district to become members of the Arts Forum. Membership is FREE and gives access to add events to the online diary and to create and maintain their own ‘organisation page’ to help local residents find out more about them.
- We have a comprehensive on-line event diary to allow everyone to find out what is going on and what is available locally.
- We provide and maintain a list of venues in the area where arts-based activity and more takes place, so if you are looking for a venue this is the list to come to first.
- We hold a bi-annual Arts Showcase at which everyone can come along and meet the arts providers and hopefully find a new hobby.
- We work closely with our members and the Town Council to continually strive to meet our goals.
Because our members are fully involved in all aspects of the arts locally the Arts Forum is very much the eyes and ears of the community and can offer support, advice and guidance to our membership, the local authority and individuals based on ‘hands on experience’.